Thank you for your interest in The Mars Collective! We will be selecting the best of the best creatives that show the most potential as an emerging brand. Below you can find all of the info you will need to apply. Please read through the FAQ carefully so you know what our team is looking for and you can put your best foot forward!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do you advertise the events?
If there's one thing our team knows how to do, it is marketing. Our founder's background is in Online Marketing, Social Media Marketing, and Branding. With her years of expertise, she has been able to successfully launch events up and down the coast of Florida. (something like that)
Our team strategically utilizes our budget in the areas that have seen the most impact. These areas include:
• Facebook Ads targeted to women & men 20-45 based on location these are done to drive ticket sales and RSVPs to our event pages.
• When we drive RSVPs to our events, this reminds attendees the week of an event, the day of event etc. as well as shows up in Waze and other supporting apps.
• Instagram Ads - both in news feeds and on "stories"
• Influencers are a huge piece of our marketing puzzle. We work with and send content to over 20 of the areas highest followed influencers
• Online magazines for cities
Focusing primarily on digital content is not only how the majority of our attendees digest information but is also the best way to track and manage which ads are performing the best, which is why our ads perform 9x better than our competition.
Another key component to our marketing is that we invest in the best types of content that have the highest chances of going viral. This includes professional photography and videography at every event, detail shots throughout the market and short promotional videos we utilize in all of our ads.
What Qualifies as a Creative?
Creatives are artists, writers, photographers, collectors, and designers, they are the creators and dreamers that working each and every day on what they love to do.
We accept applications from Creatives with:
Vintage or Antique collectibles
High-Quality Craft and Handmade items
Up-cycled or restored salvage
Food Trucks and Tented Food Vendors
We do not accept vendors with:
Direct Sales & Multi-Level marketing (Mary Kay, LulaRoe, It Works, LipSense, Scentsy, etc).
How are Creatives evaluated and selected?
Our aim is to select Creatives we feel have the most potential for brand growth and wish to get exposure at our events to get to the next level.
Vendors are judged on the following criteria:
• Product quality
• Unique products
• Booth display photos
• Online presence in the following categories:
• e-Commerce presence in either an online store, Etsy or promotional website
• Facebook following, growth and activity
• Instagram following, growth and activity
During the event our team is looking for the following qualities in Creatives to be invited back:
• General good vibes and attitude
• Engagement and attentiveness with shoppers
• Promotional efforts online
• Booth display
• Adherence to schedules (payment, load-in, load-out)
• Good communication
• Thorough in the Creative's understanding and compliance of our policies (leaving booth space clean, etc.)
Please note: We have a capped amount of Creatives per category to ensure the event maintains a standard of high-quality and variety. Participation in past events does not guarantee a spot for future events as we do rotate vendors. A well made, creative and clean display, a good high-quality presence on social media, positive attitude and high-quality products are all things we look for when we select creatives.
Are fees refundable?
We do not issue any refunds or credits. The Mars Collective events operate rain or shine! If you have to cancel or simply cannot attend please email Marissa@themarscollective.com as soon as possible. Day of cancellations and no-shows without any communication can affect future acceptances. Circumstances regarding major weather systems (such as hurricanes), will be addressed with the venue to secure a rain date but this is not guaranteed.
Can I get electricity?
Electricity is first to come first serve and $25/day if available. Please notify our team at least 2 weeks before the event to buy electricity. Electricity needs may affect your location in the event.
How are Creatives notified once the application is reviewed?
How are you promoting the event?
Our events are promoted via Facebook and Instagram. We promote on various event websites and groups. We also create press releases for local media.
What are the logistics?
Do you have more questions? Please feel free to email Marissa@themarscollective.com
PLEASE READ THROUGH FAQ BEFORE APPLYING
By applying you are agreeing to our FAQ rules and policies.